Mini Pumpkin Topiaries

Tuesday, September 22, 2015


A few days ago I shared my trip to the produce stand and here's what became of the mini pumpkins I brought home.


 I found a couple of planters that weren't currently being used and decided to make a pair of topiaries.


While visiting our boys last weekend, who live in the Louisiana swamp, I asked Levi to help me pick some moss (Spanish Moss). Here is a picture I posted, about this time last year, that will give you an idea of how things look at their house. There's no shortage of moss.



 I knew the moss would make a nice addition to the pumpkins with its gray, silvery curls.




Once finished, I placed one on each side of the kitchen sink, which may not seem like the most expected place, but I spend a lot more time standing at the sink than I do gazing at the mantel. This way I get to enjoy them more.


Let Fall begin!

Here's a Heart Rock for your pocket:
If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine


Join me over at:
From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Cup
Shabby Art Boutique
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Nancherrow
Romantic Home
Thoughts from Alice
Found and Forged
Dwellings-Heart of Your Home
Inspiration Monday
The Scoop
Home Stories A to Z
Cozy Little House
Beyond the Picket Fence
Coastal Charm
DIY by Design
Ivy & Elephants
Savvy Southern Style
Work It Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious

4 comments:

  1. They are very sweet Elaine. I used to love Spanish Moss and used it often in my crafts, but we no longer seem to get it here in Australia. I love the way you used it in your topiaries. I'm delighted to be featuring them at Friday's Shabbilicious Friday party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerryanne! I'm excited! I would send you some, but I know how strict Australia is about what enters the country, from my visit a few years ago. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! We were recently in Georgia and moss was hanging from the trees.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never seen moss like that until I visited the Carolinas. Loved it! I wanted to make large topiaries on my two urns out on the front porch, but could not find any flat pumpkins this year. Yours look great! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.