How to Dress Up a Nest to Become a Centerpiece

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spring is almost here... officially!


I went to our local flea market earlier this month and saw the prettiest wreaths that were all dressed up for Spring. They were referring to them as Botanical wreaths because they were covered with dried flowers, twigs and bird nests! 


So, with inspiration in mind, I set out to make my own creation. I am reusing my Easter wreath from last year, so I really didn't need a new one, but decided to use that same concept in a Spring centerpiece for the table in the sunroom.



I started with a purchased twig nest that already had eggs in it and one egg was covered with burlap, that was just a little extra bonus.  I then added a dried sprig of hydrangea blooms from last years garden.




I used a guinea feather from my parents flock.




I wove in just a few hand cut strips of vintage music.




Then I put the nest in a vintage milk glass bowl and placed it in the center of a beautifully tarnished silver platter. Silver trays are one of my favorite decorating items.




It has a very natural, elegant, but not fussy feeling.




The last thing I added was a large glass dome which was the finishing touch!






Aside from buying the nest, I used items that I already had and with very little effort, I have, what I think, is a perfect centerpiece. Perfect for me!


Sometimes all we need is a little inspiration!


Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Psalm 23:1-3


Wishing you God's best,
Elaine




Join me over at:
Vintage Charm Party
Shabbilicious
Feathered Nest



3 comments:

  1. Elaine, I love everything about this! Pinning to our Features & Favorites--thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage neutrals Elaine. I've included this project in my Shabbilicious Easter Egg round up for the Shabbilicious Friday Link Party tomorrow.
    Happy Easter ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful pieces. And I like that quote. Not sure if I've already sent my comment but here it is. :)

    Enjoy spring!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.